All to often, I am seeing folks involved in motor vehicle collisions not properly insured.  This goes for those who have caused a crash or those that are injured by someone causing a crash.

If you cause a crash and are not properly insured, you may expose your personal assets, including your home and any other real estate property to attack by the injured party and their legal representative.

It is important when you meet with your insurance agent that you discuss the level of insurance that you need to protect yourself and your family.

Don’t get caught with too little insurance.

Now, on the other hand, if you are injured by another party and that party does not have insurance or does not have adequate insurance, you may not receive just compensation unless you have Underinsured or Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

Commonly called UM or UIM coverage, this coverage is in place to protect you when injured by a party who has no insurance or too little insurance.  Again, it is important that you discuss with your insurance agent UM and UIM coverage.

These insurance issues should be discussed with your insurance agent on a periodic basis.